Canterbury College teachers are all native speakers of English and hold internationally recognised qualifications in teaching English as a foreign language. They are selected for their experience, flexibility and culture sensitivity.
Our teachers aim to provide a friendly, yet academic environment to help you to improve quickly. At Canterbury College you will find comfortable classrooms, spacious student common areas, fully-equipped kitchens and a barista teaching facility.
Canterbury College Profile
– Private Training Institution
– A New Zealand School (Not a multi-national franchise)
– Medium-size friendly school (100-150 students)
– High level of credibility and reputation with Immigration NZ, Ministry of Education and NZQA
– All teachers hold high qualifications, several certificates and international experience
– One of the few private schools that can offer free courses for permanent residents (Courses paid by the New Zealand Government)
Why study at Canterbury College?
– Excellent options for cultural activities
– Great accommodation service (homestay and flatting)
– High level of academic teaching
– Several course options
– Excellent package of student services
– Great location
– Total student support while studying, even in your own language
– Counselors to prepare students for the university and the labour market
– Very good nationality mix
Canterbury College will become the pre-eminent provider of English language and Business programmes for international students in the South Island of New Zealand. The College will have a high reputation for the quality of its customer-led services and the quality of its targeted teaching programmes, both within New Zealand and abroad.
Canterbury College’s mission is to provide our students with excellence in English language tuition and the best resources for a productive, enjoyable and satisfying New Zealand experience.
Canterbury College has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students published by the Ministry of Education. In addition, the activities of Canterbury College will be guided by the following core values:
– Honesty and integrity in our dealing with stakeholders (Students, parents, retailers, employees, other providers)
– Commitment to excellence in academic programmes and services quality
– Continuous improvement and innovation in our service offerings and operations
– Respect and accommodation of social and cultural differences